A stable version of the dirac-research codebase, Dirac 1.0.0, has been released. The release tar-ball can be downloaded from http://diracvideo.org/download/dirac-research or http://sourceforge.net/projects/dirac.
Changes is this release are:
- Compliance with Dirac Bytestream specification 2.2.2
- Adaptive GOP structure
- Improved motion estimation.
- Improved pre-filtering.
- Major code refactor of encoder classes.
- Added conversion utility for horizontal 3/4 filtering.
- DirectShow Filter released to be able to play back Dirac v2.2.2 files
raw bytestreams and Dirac wrapped in AVI in Windows Media Player and